Whether you are recovering from an injury or a procedure, Sovah Health - Martinsville's Rehabilitation Services is committed to helping you reduce pain and restore mobility, as quickly and safely as possible. Our physical and occupational therapists and speech language pathologists give you one-on-one attention so you find healing and rebuilding to fit your needs.
- Care for geriatric, adult, adolescent and pediatric patients
- Evidence-based therapy approach to address individual goals
- Programs to improve balance and coordination and to address general weakness
- Postural awareness and core stability
- Featuring electrical stim, soft tissue and manual therapy techniques, cold compression therapy
- Cervical and lumbar mechanical and manual traction
Who is a Good Candidate?
We provide rehab services for those who experience aches, pains, surgery recovery, debilitating illness, trauma, stroke, joint replacement, fractures, back/neck problems, speech difficulty, developmental disabilities, balance issues, amputations, wounds and more.
- Physical Therapy: (PT) treatment plans address orthopedic conditions such as joint replacement, fractures, osteoarthritis, low back pain, TMJ and chronic repetitive injuries. PT can also address neurological disorders and developmental delays.
- Occupational Therapy: (OT) treatment plans address conditions such as hand, elbow and shoulder dysfunction and/or disabilities including stroke, acute trauma, fractures, inflammation or dislocations and other chronic repetitive injuries, coordination problems and weakness, and how these conditions may impact activities of daily living.
- Speech Therapy: treatment plans address communication, thinking (cognitive) or swallowing abilities, often caused by stroke, MS, Parkinson’s Disease or other neurological disorders.
- Balance Center (Vestibular Therapy): offers comprehensive diagnostic testing and individualized rehabilitation for people who are experiencing dizziness or imbalance or have been falling.
- Industrial Rehab: is the treatment and prevention of work-related injuries, a specialty field combining elements of physical and occupational therapy. Located at 317 Hospital Drive, our program offers specialized equipment, training and conditioning, including lifting, carrying, overhead activities, stopping, crouching and other simulated work activities to ensure a successful return to work.
- Sports Medicine
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call Rehabilitation Services at 276.666.7590.
- Cancer Care
- Emergency Services
- Heart & Vascular
- Home Health & Hospice
- Hospitalist Services
- Imaging Services
- Laboratory Services
- Pain Center
- Respiratory Care
- Behavioral Health
- Rehabilitation Center
- Sleep Center
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care
- Occupational Medicine
- Physician Practices