Sovah Health - Martinsville's Balance Center offers state-of-the-art NeuroCom technology to test your balance, along with one-on-one physical therapy evaluation and treatment of your balance problem.
Let your doctor know if you have ever experienced the following symptoms:
- Dizziness with turning your head quickly
- Losing your balance when turning around
- Grabbing furniture or walls to steady yourself
- Feeling like the room is spinning when you change positions
Don't worry, you're not alone! Here are some statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- One in three adults aged 65 and older experience a fall each year.
- In 2013, the direct medical costs of older adult falls, adjusted for inflation, were $34 billion.
- Older adults are hospitalized for fall-related injuries five times more often than they are for injuries from other causes.
The body uses three different systems to control your balance:
- The Somatosensory system -- a complex system commonly known as the "touch"
- The Visual system -- how your body and brain process your visual environment
- The Vestibular system -- the way that your body knows when it's moving and when it's still
Why choose balance rehabilitation at Sovah Health - Martinsville?
- We are the only rehabilitation facility in Martinsville to offer the NeuroCom SMART EquiTest®, which provides objective assessment of balance control and postural stability under dynamic test conditions to reflect the challenges of daily life.
- We offer assessment of the Vestibulo-Ocular Reflex (VOR) and highly specific computerized rehabilitation for people with VOR deficits with NeuroCom's inVision software.
- We offer one-on-one treatment sessions in our new balance center, addressing all three systems that control your balance.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call the Rehabilitation Center at 276.666.7590.
- Cancer Care
- Emergency Services
- Heart & Vascular
- Home Health & Hospice
- Hospitalist Services
- Imaging Services
- Laboratory Services
- Pain Center
- Respiratory Care
- Behavioral Health
- Rehabilitation Center
- Sleep Center
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care
- Occupational Medicine
- Physician Practices