Sovah Health - Martinsville's Balance Center offers state-of-the-art NeuroCom technology to test your balance, along with one-on-one physical therapy evaluation and treatment of your balance problem.
Let your doctor know if you have ever experienced the following symptoms:
- Dizziness with turning your head quickly
- Losing your balance when turning around
- Grabbing furniture or walls to steady yourself
- Feeling like the room is spinning when you change positions
Don't worry, you're not alone! Here are some statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- One in three adults aged 65 and older experience a fall each year.
- In 2013, the direct medical costs of older adult falls, adjusted for inflation, were $34 billion.
- Older adults are hospitalized for fall-related injuries five times more often than they are for injuries from other causes.
The body uses three different systems to control your balance:
- The Somatosensory system -- a complex system commonly known as the "touch"
- The Visual system -- how your body and brain process your visual environment
- The Vestibular system -- the way that your body knows when it's moving and when it's still
Why choose balance rehabilitation at Sovah Health - Martinsville?
- We are the only rehabilitation facility in Martinsville to offer the NeuroCom SMART EquiTest®, which provides objective assessment of balance control and postural stability under dynamic test conditions to reflect the challenges of daily life.
- We offer assessment of the Vestibulo-Ocular Reflex (VOR) and highly specific computerized rehabilitation for people with VOR deficits with NeuroCom's inVision software.
- We offer one-on-one treatment sessions in our new balance center, addressing all three systems that control your balance.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call Rehabilitation Services at 276.666.7590.
- Cancer Care
- Pastoral Care
- Critical Care
- Emergency Services
- Heart & Vascular
- Home Health & Hospice
- Hospitalist Services
- Imaging Services
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Surgical & Medical Telemetry
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Pain Center
- Respiratory Care
- Behavioral Health
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Center
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care
- WorkPoint Wellness
- Physician Practices